Welcome back to another weekly Possibility Storm puzzle.
We’ve got a clever little challenge for you today. There are a few ways to get almost enough damage, but only one way to deal the full thirteen. Can you find it before the answer appears here on Wednesday?
- Activate Combine Guildmage’s first ability.
- Cast Incubation Druid. It enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter. When its riot ability (from Rhythm of the Wild) triggers, choose to give it haste, and then tap it for 3 mana. (You’ll have 7 available at this point.)
- Cast Zhur-Taa Goblin. It enters with a +1/+1 counter and gets two riot triggers. Choose to have both of them give it another +1/+1 counter, for three in total.
- Cast Galloping Lizrog. It enters with a +1/+1 counter, then triggers its riot ability and its own regular ETB ability. (It doesn’t matter what order you stack/resolve them in.) Have riot give it haste, and then its ability removes all other counters, including its own (1 from the Druid, 3 from the Goblin, and 1 from itself) to put ten +1/+1 counters on it.
- Attack with a hasty unblockable (thanks to Herald of Secret Streams) 13/13 for the win!
Possibility Storm competitors are currently in the middle of the nine-puzzle Ravnica Allegiance season. Follow how they’re doing on the standings below. (See how scoring works – View the full leaderboard)
|1||Allen Smith||5.1||5||Justin Francis||4.4|
|2||Matthew Williams||5.0||6||Willem Boskaljon||4.4|
|3||Josh Oratz||4.5||7||Eric Fletcher||4.2|
|4||Paul Barrett||4.5||8||John Rojas||4.0|