Welcome back to Possibility Storm for another week of Magic puzzles! You control three planeswalkers versus your opponent’s one, and have a Role Reversal in hand. Can you shuffle the battlefield around in a way that let’s you win this turn? Heads up – it’s a tricky one!
(Click on picture to enlarge it).
- Cast Fanatical Firebrand.
- +1 Chandra, Fire Artisan, exiling Flood of Recollection from the top of your library.
- Cast Role Reversal to exchange control of Chandra with your opponent’s Sarkhan, the Masterless.
- +1 Sarkhan to turn himself, The Wanderer, and Teyo, the Shieldmage into 4/4 Dragons.
- Activate and sacrifice Fanatical Firebrand to deal 1 damage to your opponent’s Chandra. Because you have Hexproof (from Teyo) and there are no other Planeswalkers on the battlefield (Sarkhan has made them all creatures – just creatures), Chandra only has one target… herself! This loops until she dies.
- Chandra dying puts a counter on Growing Populace.
- -3 The Wanderer to exile Growing Populace. (Yes, it somehow still has loyalty abilities even though it’s no longer a Planeswalker!)
- Attack with two 4/4 Dragons (Teyo and The Wanderer – Sarkhan has summoning sickness), and your 2/1 Sage’s Row Savant. Your opponent only has one blocker (Senate Courier), presumably blocks a Dragon, and takes 6 for lethal!
The War of the Spark competitive puzzle season runs Apr 30th – June 28th through Possibility Storm’s patreon campaign. Follow the leader board to see who’s going to take home prizes from Magic Core 2020 upon its release!
See the full leaderboard here.
Thanks for playing and tune in again next week!