Put on your thinking caps! In all of today’s puzzles, you have just entered your first main phase, your opponent is completely tapped out, and the question is: How to win the game this turn?
A Jund Puzzle
- Cast Collective Brutality, choosing all three modes. Target Fulminator Mage with the -2/-2 effect, and discard Liliana of the Veil and Night of Souls’ Betrayal to pay for escalate.
- In response to Collective Brutality, sacrifice your Fulminator Mage to destroy your own Overgrown Tomb.
- Play Nihil Spellbomb, sacrificing it to exile your opponent’s graveyard.
- Play Blackcleave Cliffs.
- Attack with all 3 Tarmogoyfs.
- When the opponent activates Blinkmoth Nexus, quickly Tarfire it before it can block.
- 2 Tarmogoyfs go unblocked. Since they’re 8/9 and your opponent is at 16 thanks to Collective Brutality, we deal lethal damage.
A Bant Eldrazi Puzzle
An Affinity Puzzle
- Tap Mox Opal for mana, then sacrifice it to Arcbound Ravager (2 counters).
- Cast Mox Opal. Tap it and all lands for mana.
- Cast Master of Etherium and Arcbound Ravager.
- Cast Hangarback Walker and both Walking Ballistas, all for X=0.
- Activate Steel Overseer. You now have an old Arcbound Ravager (3 counters) and a summoning sick Arcbound Ravager (2 counters).
- Sacrifice Cranial Plating to the summoning sick Arcbound Ravager (3 counters).
- Sacrifice the summoning sick Arcbound Ravager to the old Arcbound Ravager (which will go up to 4 counters), targeting a Walking Ballista with the modular (which also goes up to 4 counters).
- Remove four +1/+1 counters from Walking Ballista to shoot both Goblin Guides.
- Sacrifice Steel Overseer, Hangarback Walker, the resulting Thopter, the Walking Ballista with 0 counters, Mox Opal, and Master of Etherium to Arcbound Ravager (10 counters).
- Attack for 10, putting your opponent to 11.
- Sacrifice Arcbound Ravager to itself, moving 10 counters onto the 1/1 Walking Ballista.
- Ping your opponent 11 times with Walking Ballista for the win.